Friday, February 5, 2010

Where have I been?



I'd like to report that I've been super busy attending exhibitions and making art, but that's unfortunately not the case. However, I'm not sure how unfortunate it is. Just my reality. I am a mom of two little ones, ages 4 and 1. My husband is a full-time business major and we live a very simple life in terms of material comforts. We don't own a car and our apartment is just big enough to do little more than sleeping. This is not so bad, as it serves as a motivation to get out. Additionally, my health has always been somewhat fragile. I have had epilepsy all my life and developed chronic fatigue syndrome when I was a teenager. This has been a large part of my drive to build a career in art. I've never been able to hold a steady job and this has had a huge impact on my life. I feel like I've missed out on a lot. I tried very hard for years to fit in and do the 9-5 like everyone else. Eventually, I hit a wall and realized that if I didn't do something different, I would not have any real control over my life. I would not be able to follow my dreams.
Why do I mention all this? To say that I have a lot on my plate, but I have not forgotten about my dreams. They are clearer than ever in my mind, since I decided to tell the world. Well, the few of you who read my blog, anyway. I am not sure I view these things as obstacles. This is just my life and when I look at how people suffer all over the world, I know that I am very fortunate and should count my blessings everyday.
I will be writing more about my experience with epilepsy in the future. But please go ahead and do your own research on it. You would probably understand someone you know just a little bit better.

http://www.epilepsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment